Saturday, September 15, 2007

Spirit of You

about girl who's missing her dead boyfriend...inspiration hit me in chinese class AGAIN...written at 15...with lil bit of inspiration from BBmak's "Ghost of you and me" and Westlife's "Soledad".

Gazing up at the midnight sky
Admiring the bright shining stars
That illuminate the clear dark sky
Glistening like precious diamonds
In a sea of black shadows.

I lay back and closed my eyes
Picturing the image of your face
The twinkle in your laughing eyes
Those dewy lips I long to join mine with
The thick wavy hair I desire to run my fingers through
Those defined cheekbones I used to plant kisses on.

The image vanished from my mind
And tears cascaded down my face like a waterfall
I have lost you
To the eternal grasp of death
I can never have you back with me
Beside me,holding me.

But somehow
I feel your strong arms around me
Enveloping me in your warm embrace
Somehow,
That lingering presence of yours calms my grieving soul
And reminds me
That though death has done us part
The memory of you will never fade away from my heart.

Forever.

29 August 2005

No comments: