Saturday, September 15, 2007

Island on the Sorrowful Sea

It's about a girl whose sailor boyfriend went off to sea and never came back...a bit dramatic..written when i was 13..and this just came into my head when I was sitting in some cafe waiting for my mum.

I'm like a little island
Right smacked in the middle of the vast neverending sea
Cut off from the rest of the world
And drowning in my grieving tears
I wonder what would become of me
If you don't come back into my life.

I'm like a little island
Surrounded by storms and massives waves of sorrow
Because your death left me here alone
For me there will never be a tomorrow
If you don't return to me.

Oh why?Oh why?
Must the ocean take my beloved and my happiness
And left them to die?
My heart is filled with sadness
When I heard the news,my biggest fears.
Like an island on the sorrowful sea
I became engulfed by clouds of pouring tears.

Why oh why must it be you?
Who left me with nothing but pain and grief
And transformed me into an island on the sorrowful sea.

29 July 2003

No comments: